Gateshead Health is a ‘Mindful Employer’ – meaning that we have signed a charted which assures our colleagues and prospective colleagues that we’re dedicated to supporting their mental wellbeing.
Here at Gateshead, we’ve been a signatory since 2013, and by signing the charter, we agree to:
- To provide non-judgemental . proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill-health.
- To avoid assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- To be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition.
- To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- To ensure they are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- To make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill-health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health condition will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
Mindful Employer have a range of resources for both staff and managers, which can be found via the button below!