The final dates for national training to have safer and more effective health and wellbeing conversations for line managers and leaders have now been released by NHS England.
Sessions last 3.5 hours and colleagues who register are expected to attend the full session. The training is most suitable for line managers – who must hold a wellbeing conversation with colleagues at least annually, as well as leaders and those with caring responsibilities for staff. This may include those in health and wellbeing ambassador or mental healther first aider roles.
The programme of training offers an insight into what a safe and effective wellbeing conversation looks like, when it may be most appropriate to initiate and provides you with additional knowledge and skills to have better conversations. Over 88% of those who’ve attended a training session have reported that they felt confident or very confident having attended.
The programme is aimed at line managers (of any profession, banding or grade), peers and colleagues working across the NHS in roles which have caring responsibilities for staff – for example clinical and educational supervisors, team leaders, members of staff networks, health and wellbeing champions or Wellbeing Guardians.
The final dates, with links to register, can be seen below.
- 18 April 2023, 9.30am – 1.00pm
- 19 April 2023, 1.30pm – 5.00pm
- 20 April 2023, 10.00am – 1.30pm
- 26 April 2023, 1.30pm – 5.00pm
- 27 April 2023, 1.30pm 5.00pm
- 2 May 2023 9.30am -1.00pm
- 3 May 2023 1.30pm -5.00pm
- 4 May 2023 10.00am – 1.30pm
- 9 May 2023 9.30am – 1.00pm
- 10 May 2023 1.30pm – 5.00pm
- 11 May 2023 10.00am – 1.30pm
- 16 May 2023 9.30am – 1.00pm
- 17 May 2023 1.30pm – 5.00pm
- 18 May 2023 10.00am – 1.30pm
- 23 May 2023 9.30am – 1.00pm
- 24 May 2023 1.30pm – 5.00pm
- 26 May 2023 10.00am – 1.30pm