A new two-day training offer from the NENC ICS Staff Wellbeing Hub will provide an introduction to understanding organisational, secondary and vicarious Trauma.
Set to be facilitated by Dr Karen Treisman, the course will include
- An exploration of the complex, emotive, and multi-layered nature of the work which professionals do and the pervasive impact trauma and working within traumatised and trauma soaked systems and organisations can have on professionals
- Discussion around the impact of secondary trauma, compassionate fatigue, and staff burnout on professionals
- Explration of what can happen when an organisation becomes traumatised and trauma inducing and to understand the system stress
- Discussion of parallel, mirroring, and echoing processes; some of the signs and signals of secondary stress, organisational dynamics and survival skills, why wellbeing is so crucial, how our own triggers and hotspots can interplay with the work and much more.
Training programmes are penned in for:
- Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th February 2023
- Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd March 2023
- Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st March 2023
Participants must be able to attend both days, and sessions will take place between 09:30am – 4:30pm via Microsoft Teams.
If you would like to book onto these sessions or for further information, please contact [email protected]