October marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and to help mark the occasion we have launched a new screening services page under the self-care area of our website.
The website’s newest page shines a spotlight on breast cancer, bowel cancer and abdominal aortic aneurysm screening services – while providing tips on subjects such as symptoms to keep an eye out for, self-checking, booking screening appointments and more.
And Gateshead’s Breast Screening team will also help mark the awareness month by taking a proactive approach out in the community throughout October, with a number of roadshows across the region confirmed.
At the roadshows, the team will be out to raise awareness of breast screening and encourage uptake. These will take place at:
- Asda South Shields on Thursday 13th October (10:00am – 2:00pm)
- Sainsburys Durham on Friday 14th October (11:00am – 2:00pm)
- Asda Metrocentre on Saturday 15th October (10:00am – 2:00pm)
- Asda Boldon on Wednesday 19th October (11:00am – 2:00pm)
- Tesco Trinity Square (Gateshead) on Friday 21st October (10:00am – 1:00pm)
Additionally, the team will also be taking part in Pink Day with Gateshead’s Women’s Cancer Detection Society on Thursday 27th October. Keep an eye out around the Trust for posters promoting the day, and join the team in The Hub between 10:00am – 3:00pm!