Colleagues from within any NENC ICS Trust can access free online drop-in mindfulness sessions, tasters and courses over the summer – as wel las a new short 3 week online course.
Regular 30 minute drop-in sessions provide you the chance to participate in guided meditation as well as an opportunity for brief discussion. Sessions currently take place on Mondays at 10:00am – 10.30am and Tuesdays at 8.30am – 9:00am, online by Microsoft Teams.
No previous mindfulness experience is necessary to participate. To register, please email us on [email protected] or phone on 01325 552017. Once you’ve been added to the register/mailing list, you will receive weekly email updates with Microsoft Teams links, usually sent first thing on a Monday morning.
These two-hour sessions will enlighten you around mindfulness, giving you a taste of what it is all about and an understanding of the variety of mindfulness offers available to you. Sessions include info sharing, discussion and guided meditation. To book an eight-week course, you’ll need to first attend a taster session.
These take place online, via Teams on:
- Monday 11th July, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday 20 July, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Tuesday 26 July, 10:00am -12:00pm
- Tuesday 2 August, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Monday 8 August, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Monday 15 August, 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Monday 22 August, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Monday 5 September, 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Wednesday 7 September, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Monday 12 September, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday 17 August, 10:00am – 12:00pm at Elm Ridge Methodist Hall, 16 Woodburn Drive, Darlington, DL3 8AB
- Tuesday 6 September, 9.30am – 11.30am at the Live Well Centre, Dundas Shopping Centre, Dundas St, Middlesbrough, TS1 1HR
Three week introduction to mindfulness course:
This new mini-course is designed for those new to mindfulness, or who have only limited time to attend, and will introduce you to some of the skills that can help you appreciate the good things in your life as well as to manage distress and difficulty. The course is comprised of three weekly sessions, each an hour along. Within the course, you’ll participate in brief guided meditation as well as some theory and discussion. Between sessions you’ll be invited to practice mindfulness at home so you can begin to see how applying it can benefit your everyday life.
Dates for thenext mini courses, all of which take place online via Teams, are:
- Tuesdays 12:00pm – 1:00pm, 19th and 26th July and 2nd August
- Tuesdays 8.30am – 9.30am, 16th, 23rd and 30th August
Eight week courses:
This is an in-depth with a structured curriculum, combining training in mindfulness with elements of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). The course will teach you skills to manage distress, how to appreciate good things in life as well as how to apply what you learn in your own life through the development of regular practice of mindfulness.
Around 10-15 people attend each course, meeting with the teacher weekly throughout. You’ll need to do some home practice every day to develop your skills. If you would like to attend one of our eight-week courses, you will need to attend a taster session or an introductory course first.
The next course will take place online via Teams on Monday evenings between 6:00pm – 8:15pm:
- 3rd, 10th, 17th, 31st October (no session 24th October – half term)
- 7th, 14th, 28th November
- 5th December
- Day of practice: Monday 21st November, 9,30am – 2.30pm
The following course will also take place via Teams, taking place Wednesday mornings between 10:00am – 12:15pm:
Online by Microsoft Teams: Wednesday mornings, 10am – 12.15pm
- 5th, 12th, 19th, October (no session 26th October – half term)
- 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th November
- 7th December
- Day of practice: Wednesday 23rd November 2022, 9.30am – 2.30pm
Finally, an in-person course will take place Tuesday morning between 10:00am – 12:15am at Cornerstones Centre for the Community in Chester-le-Street (DJ3 3TF):
- 4th, 11th, 18th October (no session 25th October – half term)
- 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th November
- 6th December
- Day of Practice: Tuesday 22nd November, 10am – 4:00pm (venue to be confirmed)