New improvements to Network One Explorer Tickets will enable those located in the North East to use one ticket to travel with different North East bus operators, on the Metro and on the Shields Ferry for one flat fare.
Expected to launch later this year and to be in place until at least 2025, new pricing will see Network One tickets reduced from £10.90 to a maximum of £6.80.
Proposed new bus fares are as follows:
- Single ticket for under-22s – £1
- Day ticket for under-22s – £3
- County Durham multi-operator ticket – £4
- Northumberland multi-operator ticket – £5
- Tyne and Wear multi-modal ticket (including Metro and Shields Ferry) – £6
- Two-Zone multi-modal ticket – £6.50
- Regionwide multi-modal ticket – £6.80
The positive public transport news follows confirmation of an extension to a cap on bus journeys, ensuring you can currenly pay no more than £2 for any single journey on a bus until Friday 30th June 2023.