With thanks to Mind, the health and wellbeing team has been allocated 12 free places for Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) training.
A two-day course will take place over Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th September, and all colleagues are invited to apply to join us.
To be eligible to sign-up, you must be able to attend on both days and have full support from your line manager. The course will qualify you as an MHFA, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix